Thursday, January 1, 2009

Endorsed: Top Conservatives on Twitter Individual Members

To the members of the Republican National Committee:

As co-founder of the conservative grass roots movement known as #TCOT (Top Conservatives on Twitter) I am happy to present you with a list of 155 members of our organization (with enthusiastic comments) who are publicly supporting Sharon Day's candidacy for RNC Secretary.

Founded in November of 2008, TCOT has rapidly grown into one of the leading conservative movements on the web, aimed at bringing conservatives together to build a stronger Republican Party.

On January 30, you will be voting for the future of the Republican National Committee when you elect our new RNC officers. Today, we humbly ask for your vote for Sharon Day as our next Secretary of the Republican National Committee.

As conservative online grassroots activists, we believe the future of the Republican Party should be in the hands of leaders like Sharon. From day one of her campaign for Secretary, Sharon has made technology a cornerstone of her campaign with an active blog, a strong presence on Facebook and by continuing to be one of the Top Conservatives on Twitter. She has made it her top priority to work with the next Chairman of the RNC to establish the technology necessary to win in 2010 and beyond.

Sharon is committed to steering the Republican Party back towards the conservative principles of Ronald Reagan and once again becoming the Party of big ideas.

As the leaders in the online conservative movement, we trust that you will see for yourself the amazing work Sharon has already done to strengthen the Republican Party as a National Committeewoman, a community leader and a phenomenal grassroots activist and vote her the next Secretary of the RNC.

Thank you for your time and consideration.


Sincerely,
Michael Patrick Leahy, Co-Founder of Top Conservatives on Twitter


  1. Michael Gallops Says:

    Sharon Day is a breath of fresh air and will do an incredible job as Secretary of the RNC. I absolutely endorse her and will encourage others to do the same.

  2. Timothy Smith Says:

    Her take-no-prisoners, we have a job to do attitude is refreshing. Whoever is elected as RNC Chairman will benefit from her work. As the popular maxim goes: Behind every great man there is a great woman. :-)

  3. Steve Dalton Says:

    I personally endorse Sharon for Secretary of the RNC and appreciate her committment to engaging conservatives nationwide, not just those in the inner circle of GOP groups. Looking forward to a totally new kind of party.

  4. Nansen Malin @nansen Says:

    Sharon Day is an active #TCOT twitter-er. She is witty, articulate and engaging. We would be very fortunate to have her sitting at the RNC Eboard. Her skill set will help reform the party organization quickly. Sharon, You have my support!

  5. Big Dave Perkins Says:

    I’m a Sharon Day fan! She understands precisely what happened in the past two elections and knows what to do to get us back on top… I’m looking forward to seeing the RNC after a short while of her presence in the board meetings!

    Can’t say enough good about her. Wish she were running for chair.

  6. Eric Wall Says:

    I had the opportunity to meet Sharon when she was at our Bay County FL Victory 2008 office with Chairman Jim Greer, and I was impressed. She has my complete endorsement. I knew about the problems that we were having with National during the campaign and Sharon was direct and honest about them during our conference call.
    Hopefully with our efforts the RNC leadership will see the same qualities I do and elect Sharon Day RNC Secretary.

  7. Bill Meeker Says:

    After following Sharon Day on Twitter, reading her website, and listening to her during tonight’s conference call, I have decided that she is a strong leader who will work to rebuild the GOP to win in 2010, 2012 and beyond. I hope that the RNC members will elect her as their Secretary.

  8. Jimmie Says:

    I’m interested to see what Ms. Day will do in the position of Secretary and I’m certainly not impressed with the direction and energy of the RNC recently. I give her my personal endorsement as well. Go, get ‘em, Sharon Day!

  9. Brad Smith Says:

    What else can be said about Sharon? She gets it - on all levels. I echo the sentiments of the previous posters, and I think she’s destined for greater things than a spot on the executive committee. The RNC is privileged to have such a talent at their disposal.

  10. Michael Patrick Leahy Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC !

  11. LaMonte Forthun Says:

    I was very impressed with Sharon and will support her in any way that I can. I do suggest that we email as many of the RNC Committee as possible and give them our reasons why we support her. I’m thrilled with her track record in organizing the group in Florida and her obvious commitment to the party on a National scale. We are campaigners, it’s what we do, it’s why we are here, we need to campaign for her and let those that will vote know who she is and that we as a group are excited at the possibility that we could have new enthusiasm and drive in the Secretary position with the RNC. The emails are on the TCOT website, there’s no excuse not to send out a few a day…

  12. Michael Illions Says:

    One phone call with Sharon Day was all I needed to convince me that not only is Sharon qualified and the right person for the position of Secretary of the RNC, but she would be a formidable candidate for ANY of the executive positions within the RNC.

    Having someone like Sharon sitting “at the table” in the RNC hierarchy is a win for conservatives and the Republican Party.

  13. Steve Spinks Says:

    Sharon Day has demonstrated that she understands the importance of engaging the citizenry and of transparency in communications. She truly does “get” it! RNC will thrive with her at the helm.

  14. RottDawg Says:

    Wishing her the best and believe that she’s the lady to help the (R) be the winning party of the future.

  15. mikepfs Says:

    I came on the call a little late but I was really impressed with Sharon, her passion really comes thru. I definitely think she’s the right person and my pick for Secretary of the RNC commitee. I’m behind you 100%

  16. Scott Wagner Says:

    I personally endorse Sharon for Secretary of the RNC. Having someone like Sharon n the RNC hierarchy is a win for conservatives and the Republican Party.

  17. Gary Aminoff @aminoff Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC

    I will contact California delegates and let them know

  18. @tim_knight Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  19. Debbie Ashbrook Says:

    I support Sharon Day as secretary.

  20. Jordan Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  21. Mauricio Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary

  22. Duane Myers Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  23. Joseph Grodis Says:

    This is an easy choice. I endorse Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC

    #TCOT

    Joseph Grodis

  24. JuliaH. Says:

    I’m for Sharon!

  25. OPDitch Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary

  26. Matthew Gowan Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  27. maximumdesign Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  28. Jude Sutton Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  29. John Allison, III Says:

    Encouraging RNC members to vote Sharon Day for RNC secretary.

  30. Zach Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. The RNC needs to be embracing new ways to communicate and co-ordinate with supporters in the grassroots areas, and I think Sharon can help find methods that work.

  31. joe a holmes Says:

    After reviewing Sharons creditials, I can with confidence throw my full support behind her for RNC secretary. Her fresh thinking is exactly what the party needs as go through this process of renewal.

  32. TL Frisch Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC and ask that the members of the Republican National Committee do the same.

  33. Karen Durham Says:

    I support Sharon Day. She will be a leader in changing the RNC to become what it should be. With her and change of the RNC chair, grass-roots Republicans will be energized to be a part of the come-back of the party.

  34. Peter Marx Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. The RNC needs to get it together yesterday and this is one of the people who can make it happen!

    Peter Marx

  35. rdjhoya Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  36. Jon Scott Says:

    I support Sharon Day in her quest to become the next Secretary of the RNC. If her tireless advocacy for the Party on twitter and within the new media community is any indication of her potential in the position, we may rest assured that the position will be in good hands.

    Jonathan Scott
    Republican Nominee 2006, 2008
    US Congress, RI 1

  37. Donald Turnbull Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  38. Rick Richbourg Says:

    I enthusiastically endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  39. Inexplicably Simple, Indescribably Plain Says:

    Sharon Day will make a great addition to the RNC as we attempt to spread the word of our return to the values of Reagan while utilizing all the technology of today.
    Bradley S. Rees
    2010 Candidate for VA 5th District

  40. Pete Wingard Says:

    Sharon Day is a breath of fresh air and will do an incredible job as Secretary of the RNC. I absolutely endorse her and will encourage others to do the same.

  41. Suzanne Sadler Says:

    Sharon has my full support for RNC Secretary!

  42. Chad Miles Says:

    I fully endorse Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC!

  43. Stacey Says:

    I gladly endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  44. Tamara Jackson Says:

    I believe that Sharon Day has the prolific technical communication skills to help advance the RNC goals: something sorely needed to position us for victory in upcoming elections!

    tamij

  45. Rudy Carrera Says:

    Sharon Day is a fresh face on the political scene. Considering the drubbing we took in 2008, it’s time for a thorough housecleaning, and I’m all for Sharon to get in there and whip things back into shape. She’s got my endorsement.

  46. Bryan Dossey (@R_U_Right) Says:

    Sharon Day would be an excellent secretary for RNC. She has her mind and heart on the RIGHT side of the issues and will represent the Conservative movement admirably and faithfully.

  47. Bill Cummins Says:

    I support Sharon Day as secretary for RNC.

  48. John Frey Says:

    I support Sharon and will gladly vote for her in two weeks.

    CT National Committeeman

  49. Zach Says:

    I am proud to support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  50. Karen Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  51. Mark Urbin Says:

    Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  52. Steve Hosaflook Says:

    I would also like to endorse Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. It’s time for a change!

  53. Scott Says:

    Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  54. Michael Beckman Says:

    Sharon Day is the right choice for RNC Secretary.

  55. Penney Douglas Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  56. Kim Eubanks Says:

    Tcot

  57. Albert N. Miliron Says:

    I am endorsing Sharon Day for RNC secretary. I am a former Public Relations Chairman of the the Georgia GOP at the county Level. Further I have been a county, district, state, and national delegate. I am very aware of the character set it takes to lead in our party. Sharon exceeds those in character and qualifications need to fulfill this position. Please consider Sharon as your top choice for RNC Secretary..

    Albert N. Milliron
    Editor, Politisite
    Iron Mill Interactive Media, Inc.
    Columbia, SC

  58. Danny Garner Says:

    I heartily endorse Sharon Day for RNC secretary.

  59. Patricia Garza Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary…strong and conservative women in Washington is what we need!

  60. Greenpointe Says:

    A hearty endorsement for Sharon as RNC Secretary

  61. a red voice Says:

    I support Sharon for RNC secretary! We are ready for a change for the better.

  62. Brendon Says:

    I strongly support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. It’s time to to bring conservatism back to the RNC.

  63. doctorwifemom Says:

    I am pleased to support Sharon Day for RNC secretary. She represents the new vision for the return of our party to real conservative principles.

  64. Geri C Says:

    I am happy to support Sharon Day in her bid for RNC Secretary. I appreciate her conservative principles!

  65. Angry White Dude Says:

    If Sharon is dedicated to conservative principles she has my vote! The Republicans will be the minority and of virtually no importance until they return to conservative values! I mean that too!

    Angry White Dude

  66. Stevie Says:

    Sharon is a dedicated woman and a true conservative. Her voice should be heard as she represents a great amount of people with her traditional values.

  67. Kristene Wheeler Says:

    I support Sharon Day. TCOT

  68. Westley Annis Says:

    I support Sharon Day.

  69. Tom Crawford Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC secretary.

  70. Ray Watts Says:

    I’m an advocate of Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. We need someone like Sharon, now more than ever.

  71. Doug Peterson Says:

    Sharon has my vote of confidence for her conservative ideology and just as importantly, her open engagement to conservatives nationwide.

  72. Rick Abbott Says:

    Sharon is an incredible asset to the Republican party. She is the only choice worth consideration for Secretary of the Republican National Committee. She has a keen understand of the tools and technology that is necessary to help to support the party, she has the right values and standards, and is a joy to listen to.

    ~Rick Abbott

  73. Traci Knoppe Says:

    I support Sharon Day as RNC secretary.

  74. SandyJones-Loveday Says:

    I am a fan, follower and believer in Sharon and she will be a great secretary to RNC

  75. Paul W. Swansen Says:

    Sharon Day has my support.

  76. Carl Spatazza Says:

    Sharon has my support.

  77. John Gillmartin Says:

    What the above have already said is worth my echo!

  78. Mike Smock Says:

    I support Sharon Day.

  79. Christina Villanueva Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  80. Todd King Says:

    I’m in!

  81. Randy Covington Says:

    Sharon has been the only Florida GOP official I know of to understand the gaps we have to overcome in the use of technology. She has embrace #TCOT and the other social media that activists have begun to tap to rebuild the Republican core principles that make us great. I support Sharon for Secretary to the Republican Party.

  82. Doug Welch Says:

    I support Sharon Day.

  83. Stephen Kruiser Says:

    I have been very impressed with Sharon from the first time I had the good fortune to hear her make her case to become Secretary of the RNC. The party needs dynamic, forward-thinking leadership like Sharon and I wholeheartedly endorse her.

  84. Paul Lidberg (@dreadfroggod) Says:

    I heartily endorse Sharon Day for the Secretary of the RNC!

  85. Susan Ammon Says:

    I support Sharon Day.

  86. Cathy Nagle Says:

    Sharon Day has my vote and support. She’s an active TCOT participant who’s not afraid to reach out to the people. With this attitude and perspective we can begin to restore some of the core values and principles of conservatism that once made the GOP great.

  87. Teri Christoph Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. She is committed to bringing new ideas and new techinologiy to the table, which is vitally important.

  88. Audrie Zettick Schaller Says:

    Electing Sharon Day as Secretary of the RNC would be a great sign that the RNC is committed to transparency, active engagement and moving forward in the use of social media and technology while holding to core principles.

  89. Catherine Mitchell Says:

    Sharon Day will make a wonderful Secretary of the RNC. She has my vote and support.

  90. Dave Evans Says:

    I am proud to support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  91. Laura Warner Says:

    I hope the RNC recognizes Sharon Day is an asset they need on their books!

  92. Michelle Lancaster Says:

    Sharon Day has my support and vote for Secretary of the RNC. Her engagement as an active participant in TCOT is a welcome breath of fresh air!

  93. Thomas Pollard Says:

    I’d like to offer my support for Sharon Day as the Secretary of the RNC. Sharon will provide great leadership, thought and insight to help our party reclaim our leadership position of smaller government, less taxes and the freedom every American seeks to pursue the American dream.

  94. Bridget Geegan Blanton Says:

    Sharon has proven herself at the grassroots level and beyond. She has fought for Conservative ideas within the GOP and will continue to do so as Secretary of the RNC.

  95. Suzanne Green Says:

    My support is behind Sharon for RNC secretary.

  96. mediacrank Says:

    I am pleased to endorse Sharon for Secretary of the RNC.

  97. Jason Sutton Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  98. Lorna Saltibus Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC

  99. Gary Aminoff Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary

  100. IndyEnigma Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. She has impressed with attitude & tech savvy approach to public & ‘behind the scenes” organizing for ACTION, not just rhetoric! We need her, and many more folks like her, to rebuild the Republican Party from the grassroots up to leadership.

  101. Tracy in TN Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  102. Doug Ewing Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretry of the RNC.

  103. Todd Jordan Says:

    Supporting Sharon should bring a fresh perspective to the RNC. Bring it on.

  104. Ashley Mahaffey Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  105. Joe Crawford Says:

    I believe Sharon Day would make a great Sec, for the RNC!

    Thank you, Joe Crawford

  106. Tracy Karol Says:

    Sharon Day has my support.

  107. Brandon J. Mendelson Says:

    Although I am impressed with many of the candidates running for this position, I endorse Sharon Day for RNC secretary.

  108. tomllewis Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. Sharon has publicly endorsed the Rebuild the Party Plan for the Future, which I believe exemplifies some of what needs o be implemented.

  109. Alan Bryant Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  110. paulag1955 Says:

    I’d like to add my support for Sharon Day as Secretary of the RNC.

  111. Matthew K. Tabor Says:

    Sharon has taken the initiative to reach out to party members in new ways - and then encouraged dialog with them, listened and responded. Courage and communication is a rare combination. I look forward to what Sharon will add to the party as RNC Secretary.

  112. Alan Eason Says:

    From what I’ve seen of Sharon on #TCOT - I believe she needs to be in this position to help lead the party into the future.

  113. Michael Gallops Says:

    Everything I’ve seen and heard about Sharon indicates she would be an outstanding secretary for the RNC. I wholeheartedly endorse her and encourage the RNC members to elect her.

  114. Steve Webb Says:

    Sharon Day embodies the ideals that once made the Republican party great. If the Republican party wishes to retake a position of power and influence, they must return to the ideals that Sharon holds.

    I enthusiastically endorse Sharon Day for the position of RNC Secretary.

  115. Jason Taylor Says:

    If the RNC is serious about developing a 50 State, 435 District strategy, then they must understand that this cannot be orchestrated from a single National Party group; State and Local GOP groups will have to be empowered to take on a greater role in and responsibility for our success.

    Sharon Day has a unique understanding of what GOP groups will need to meet this challenge. Her proven track record of successful grassroots activism, combined with her steadfast dedication to conservative ideals make her an ideal choice to help lead our Party into the next Republican age.

  116. Mindy Finn Says:

    Sharon Day is one of the more active RNC members, and she is truly dedicated to finding the best ways to strengthen the party. I endorse her candidacy for Secretary.

  117. Mark Strickland Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC.

  118. Molly Nichelson Says:

    Best of luck Sharon on your run! We need you there!

  119. Ron Miller Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC!

  120. David Nichols Says:

    Sharon - looking forward to congratulating you as the winner.

  121. Michellle Cappiello Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary!

  122. Beulah Garrett Says:

    After hearing what she did for the Florida party, I’m convinced you couldn’t find anyone more suitable to fill this position than Sharon Day!

    Of course, another great reason to support her is she’s a bred & born Texan-not sure about the raised. :)

    Absolutely, she should have the job!

  123. jimmiewkersh Says:

    I whole heartedly give my support to Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  124. Andrew Gillette Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of RNC.

  125. Wendy Herman Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. Be smart. Pick her.

  126. Fred Hundt Says:

    Having had the pleasure of meeting and working with Sharon Day over the last election cycle, I can vouch for her passion for the conservative cause, her boundless energy as an organizer and her commitment to innovation in rebuilding the party. I am pleased to enthusiastically support Sharon’s candidacy for RNC Secretary.

  127. Lorna Saltibus Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  128. Lloyd Duhon Says:

    I happily endorse Sharon for Secretary of the RNC.

  129. Heather Cromar Says:

    I would be happy to endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. She has the gift of organization that would be an asset to our movement.

  130. Brian Lilly Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. We need people like her to get the great GOP back on track and take this country back for Conservatism.

  131. Joe Stanley Says:

    I endorse Sharon for RNC Secretary!

  132. Lavelle Collins Says:

    We need to support the conservative Republicans that actually get it and kick out the ones who don’t. If they can’t tell you why they’re Republican, they don’t belong in our party.

    Sharon gets it. She belongs. She’s part of the Conservative Movement to take back the Republican Party. That’s why I support her.

    Lavelle

  133. David West Says:

    I wholeheartedly endorse Sharon Day’s candidacy for RNC Secretary. She understands what is going to be needed going forward with the Republican Party and is up to the task. I ask you to please support her.

  134. Thunder Pig Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for RNC Secretary. I respect her effort to engage Republicans and her grasp of the need for utilizing new tools for the Republican Party.

  135. Rachel Alexander Says:

    I support Sharon Day.

  136. Adrienne Gonzalez Says:

    Sharon Day has my endorsement for RNC Secretary AND full support!

  137. Courtney Bear Says:

    I am happy to support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary.

  138. Frank Rubi Says:

    I would and will support Sharon Day for the RNC Secretary.

  139. Ken Davis Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day. Her hard work is an inspiration to all Republicans!

  140. Bob Connors Says:

    The GOP needs a complete overhaul. We’ve been humiliated in the last couple of elections and soon, all three branches of government will be leaning to, or fully tilted to the left.

    Fire off the GOP digital revolution by bringing Sharon on board!

  141. Joe Seidl Says:

    I support Sharon Day for Secretary of RNC.

  142. Nina Whidden Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for secretary of the RNC. As is abundantly clear, the RNC needs an overhaul, and Sharon Day is the type of Republican/Conservative needed to bring it around.

  143. Gray Rinehart Says:

    Agreed. I support Sharon in any effort to make the GOP stronger and more relevant.

  144. ChristinaKB Says:

    I wholeheartly endore Sharon Day to be the next RNC Secretary.

    I like her energy, ideas, and skills… go get ‘em!

  145. Don Chesnel Says:

    I totally support Sharon Day to be the next RNC Secretary!

  146. @Leo_Pusateri Says:

    My support is likewise thrown toward Sharon!

  147. Stacy Says:

    Sharon has shown that she values the grassroots movement. Therefore, I fully endorse Sharon Day for secretary.

    Stacy Mott
    Founder Smart Girl Politics

  148. @lagomorph13 Says:

    I am very pleased to support Sharon Day for Secretary of the RNC. Sharon is one of the topmost Top Conservatives on Twitter who understands grassroots activism, the importance of technology and social media, and is ready to help us bring a new generation of activists into the RNC. Go Sharon!

  149. JustKurt Says:

    I endorse Sharron Day for Secretary.

  150. Moms 4 Sarah Palin Says:

    I support Sharron Day for this office. We need more conservatives to represent those of us in Florida who are quite outnumbered!!

  151. Maria Says:

    I support Sharron Day!

  152. Biased Girl Says:

    I support Sharon Day, because she understands the need for an old fashioned grassroot effort, combined with a “New Media” approach. She is a perfect example of what the RNC should represent.

    Mickey White

  153. ToddThurman Says:

    I support Sharon Day for RNC Secretary

  154. Yomin Postelnik Says:

    I endorse Sharon Day for all of the reasons outlined in http://americandaily.com/index.php/article/246.

  155. Vivian Myrtetus Says:

    I support Sharon Day because she is dedicated and understands what it takes to win and get a job done.